Effective Date 4 October 2022
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information and purchase history. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); payment details (including credit card information), comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
Child or children
Anyone under the age of 16.
Collectively all information that you submit to Alexanders via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws.
Data Protection Laws
Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation.
Alexanders of Ballybofey, we or us
Alexanders of Ballybofey, is a family owned business, established in 1960. Conveniently located on the Main Street of Ballybofey.
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
Data as above, but that is personally identifiable to you as an individual.
User or you
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either employed by Alexanders and acting in the course of their employment or engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Alexanders and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
The Website or the Site
The website that you are currently using, https://alexandersofballybofey.com, and any subdomains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Why we collect data
1) To provide you with services, or information. We may collect data which are required to provide you with the software, support, and services. We may use collected data in our analysis for design, development and testing of products and services.
You explicitly fill in the data required for you to receive the products or services.
2) To improve our content offerings based on usage. We may collect data based on how you use this Website. We use this data to better understand the usage patterns of the Website and the behaviours of our collective audience. We do not associate this collected usage data with your Personal Data.
3) To promote and market our products and services. We may use feedback that you provide voluntarily on our products or services. We also may use data that we collect and aggregate to assist us in determining appropriate marketing and advertising for our products and services. In doing so, we may share anonymous aggregated data with third parties to assist us with these efforts. With your consent or if permitted by applicable law, we may also use your contact details to send you commercial communications about our products and services. We also may use third-party service providers to assist us with our email marketing; in that case, the third-party service provider will have access to your email address, your name, and other information necessary to engage in the marketing. Such third-party service providers will act as a data processor and will not use your data for any other purpose. The legal basis for this data processing is our legitimate interest in promoting and marketing our products and services.
4) To fulfil legal duties stipulated by accounting, taxation, and other laws. We may use and disclose your Personal Data where required by law, such as in keeping and disclosing our accounts, in keeping and disclosing our tax records, and in response to a court order, or other legal process. The legal basis for this data processing is our compliance with our legal obligations.
You may object to the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes 2 and 3 at any time.
Categories of data involved in data processing include:
• email address,
• phone number,
• IP address,
• SSH public key,
• physical address,
• information about subscription and payments,
• data about usage of Alexanders of Ballybofey products and services,
• comments, voluntarily provided feedback.
Where appropriate, we will prompt you to give us your consent to the collection and processing of your data as described above. This may happen within Alexanders of Ballybofey Website, or in another environment set up by Alexanders, always in a clear and conspicuous manner. You can manage your data and opt-outs as described in the Transparency section below.
How we collect data
We collect data in the following ways:
1. data is given to us explicitly by you; and
2. data is collected automatically
Data that is given to us by you
We collect data provided by you when you explicitly provide data on the Alexanders of Ballybofey Website, via contact forms, email and purchases. We also collect data via telephone or post should you contact us by either of these methods.
Data collected automatically
To secure your Personal Data, our Website, products and services are designed with security and privacy in mind.
We encrypt your data in transfer and at rest on this Website where it is technically feasible. External web resources are protected by SSL encryption.
As well as these technical measures, we use organisational measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information, your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Even if we delete your Personal Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
Our company is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Right to access
The right to request copies of your Personal Data that we hold about you at any time, or that we modify, update or delete such data. If we provide you with access to your Personal Data we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive". Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will explain why.
Right to rectification
The right to have your Personal Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to erasure (to be forgotten)
The right to request that we delete or remove your Personal Data from our systems.
Right to restriction on processing
The right to block or limit us from using your Personal Data.
Right to personal data portability
The right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Personal Data.
Right to object
The right to object to our use of your Personal Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Personal Data), please contact us via email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
Getting in Touch